Sunday, June 5, 2016

A special guest to tease the Pieathalon!

She peeked around the corner. "Oh, hi. I didn't know you'd be here. You're not usually working on your blog on Sundays, so I thought I could use the computer. I guess I'll just, uh, go to my room and rearrange my horse posters. I think they'd like to mix it up a bit, try to meet new horses."

"Don't go anywhere," I said. "I was hoping you'd stop by."

"Why? Did you want to write erotic friend fiction too? Not that it's what I had planned for this afternoon or anything." Slight pause. "Okay, maybe it is."

"Uh... not really. It's just that Yinzerella's annual Pieathalon is coming up and I like to have a guest host for that post. I thought you'd be a good one this time. I'm making a special Sunday post for you and everything."

"I thought you usually invited horror icons. I'm not a horror icon... Am I? I'm pretty sure I'd know if I were a horror icon."

"No, you're not, but you are clearly very much into zombies. I thought it would be fun to have you help me with my pie this year. Plus, you get to pick out a recipe to represent yourself today."

"That's cool. Do I have to pick something my dad would make?"

"Not unless you want to. Pick whatever you want to represent yourself."

She was off and digging through my books, and before long she presented me with St. Luke's Rx for a Recipe Rendezvous (Women's Board of St. Luke's Hospital, 1972).

"I kind of like that the title has rendezvous in it."

"I'm not surprised. So which recipe will it be?"

She opened the book and pointed to this recipe:


"I never would have guessed this," I say. "I'm not sure readers will see this as much of a clue to your identity."

"Please let me use it! I picked it because it seems like something Jericho and I could enjoy together."

"All right. I'm posting it! You can help me with my pie and we'll have the big reveal on Wednesday."


2 comments: