Saturday, February 22, 2020

Funny Name: All Yours, Dear Edition

I'll admit that I'm not really shocked by a tomato-spice cake anymore (or by tomato cookies and brownies). I wonder if the title of the tomato spice cake from A Kitchen Full of Joy (Flowing Wells Assembly of God Christ's Ambassadors, Tucson, Arizona, 1976) suggests that the cake is just as unappealing as I imagine it might be, though.


"Yes, dear, the cake is all yours! That's why I call it Husband's Cake. No, really, I don't want to steal a single crumb from you...." (And yes, this is one of those recipes that assumes that all readers know how to bake a cake without any additional assistance. I didn't cut off the directions.)


2 comments:

  1. Proof people will eat anything if you put enough sugar in it. It also makes me think of grandpa saying he would eat anything in a pie crust. Apparently her husband would eat anything with tomato juice in it.

    ReplyDelete