Saturday, May 30, 2020

Funny Name: Light a Match Edition

While I do think that chili made with canned tomato soup and macaroni, then topped with Bisquick dumplings is kind of an odd dish, that's not the reason I picked Joyce Baird's recipe from Everyday Cook Book (Trinity United Methodist Church in New Springfield, Ohio, 1976).


I think we can all agree that "Chili-Dump" is not the most appetizing name for a recipe. I don't want to think about a food exiting before it has even entered! (Especially chili!)


4 comments:

  1. Well, I guess you don't have to worry about it burning on the way out. It looks pretty bland to begin with. Still, it's not a very appetizing name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. This one doesn't even specify chili powder or the customary single drop of Tabasco.

      Delete
    2. On an unrelated note (well, maybe related to your previous post), I googled bureau of home economics sewing patterns, and went down a rabbit hole that took me to bureau of home economics recipe publications. https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc3390/m1/20/
      For some reason this book kind of reminds me of 4-H books/recipes. If you ever wanted to know what to do with turkey, this book is for you.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I love me some home ec teacher recipes!

      Delete