Saturday, September 24, 2022

A Very Half-Assed Pieathalon Tease

As I was typing for the 66th time today "The narrative would have been more effective if you used details to show what you meant here instead of just explaining it," a man in some very distinctive headgear appeared in my office.

"Is it Pieathalon time again?" I asked. "I almost forgot because I still have papers to comment on for two other schools once I get this batch finished."

The visitor glanced at my stacks of cookbooks, but I was not in the mood to let anyone dig around in my office while I worked.

"I'll find a recipe to represent you so readers can guess the identity of my secret guest taster. It shouldn't be too hard. Just go out there and enjoy that beautiful world we live in. Come back on Wednesday to taste test the vintage pie I was assigned to make."

After he left, I checked my Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook (Souvenir Edition, 1965) and found a handy way to save cream before it's out too long.


Yep, you can whip it, make it into little mounds, and freeze those mounds for up to three months. Just put them on dessert 20 minutes before you want to serve! I'm sure my guest would approve. Now to find out what he thinks of the pie...



3 comments:

  1. Part of me felt like writing a detailed narrative here, but its been a long time since I've taken a college writing course. That said, it seems I am the only person in my office who is capable of emailing the manager. On Tuesday, my second day at work after a 2 week vacation, my office mate informed me that we are almost out of a supply we use a lot of every week. When I told her to email the manager, she said no, she would rather wait and mention it to her when we were scheduled to have a meeting on Friday. FRIDAY!! Also, she should know by now that those meetings often change (it's now scheduled for Wednesday next week). I am not the person who orders things. I am not the person who authorizes ordering supplies. The only thing I do is email the person who can make that happen. My office mate wants to be a manager, or a CEO (or at least earn that type of salary), and she can't even send a friggin email! I feel your pain dealing with the younger crowd. I need to go lay down in a dark room until pieathalon drops. My office mate goes on a 3 week vacation in October. What random thing of need should I sit on and tell her to take care of after she gets back? Oh yeah, I'm old and I just contact the person who can fix the problem in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you still manage to write a detailed narrative even when you don't plan to. I hope you can hold on until Wednesday.

      Delete
    2. Ha! I thought that you would enjoy that.

      Delete