Saturday, September 1, 2018

Funny Name: Frumious Edition

This recipe from Two Hundred Tasty Treats (Christian Women's Fellowship, Southside Christian Church, Muncie, IN, ca. 1960) sounds like the kind of dinner a mother Jabberwock makes to warn her kids about assholes brandishing vorpal swords.


"Eat up your galumpies, kids! They're severed galumpher fingers cooked in a lovely blood sauce. You've got to take them out before they take you out!" (Nobody tell them it's just stuffed cabbage rolls, or they'll lose interest.)


8 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing when I saw the name of the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally don’t mean to be uncool, but that’s just an Americanized version of galumpkis. It’s a polish word for stuffed cabbage rolls. Otherwise, keep up the good work. This shit is a favorite of mine.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gołąbki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant site, not shit. Apparently I type that a lot ...

      Delete
    2. I imagined that was the case, but I didn't try to figure out what it might be. Thanks for the explanation.

      Delete
  3. “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frumious Bandersnatches like to be left alone anyway, so they hope you do shun them.

      Delete