Wednesday, July 3, 2019

That's just pow it goes

Happy Independence Day! Let's go to the amusement park with some little friends from Hostess Without Help (Helen Worth, 1971).


Okay, the park seems a little deserted, with just a (cannibal?) pig selling hot dogs to some chicks, a single pig in the ominously-tipping car on the Ferris wheel, and a single chick on the roller coaster. Maybe the park isn't as crowded because everybody is off with the firecrackers.


Okay, I'll admit the tomato, olive, pearl onion kabobs recipe is just an excuse to include the picture Sylvan Jacobson drew to go with it:


That tiny little practical joking chick on the left better run! The firecracker is big enough to blow the little guy up, and if that doesn't get him, I'll bet the pig he's trying to surprise will...

Have a nice holiday, and be safer than tiny chick!

4 comments:

  1. Personally, I'm hoping for heavy rain on July 4th - I hate fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My city has the biggest show on the third (so people can go see the smaller shows in the suburbs on the fourth), but I was gone yesterday evening, so I missed them.

      Delete
  2. If an amusement park had explosives that were larger than I was, I would stay away from it, too. Apparently pigs and chicks are the only creatures that don't think this is a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the pig MAY think it's a problem, but the chick isn't sticking around to find out.

      Delete