Saturday, October 3, 2020

Funny Name: Giving a Rat's Ass Edition

You know what sounds really delicious? Something that will make your mouth water just thinking about it? I'm pretty sure Mrs. Forrest C. Tyson III (Elizabeth) didn't ask that question about the recipe name before she sent it to Centennial Cook Book (The University Women's Club of the Ohio State University, 1970).


I can't say that I've ever thought, "I'd really love to eat a rat tail!" (It's a great name to start Halloween month, though...)

And before you tell me that the title isn't necessarily about part of a rodent's anatomy because rat tail can also refer to a hairstyle, think long and hard about whether that helps. Is it better to taste like a rat's ass or human hair that has been marinated in county-fair-level sweat and menthol smoke?


2 comments:

  1. Then there was the package in grandma's freezer simply labeled rat.

    ReplyDelete