Saturday, November 12, 2016

Funny name: Sad Cake

I'm not sure what the occasion for this recipe from The Secret's Out (United Methodist Women, Reseda, CA, 1976) might be. Maybe if you've had a bad day and want dessert, but you don't want to be cheered up too much? Maybe if you just like yelling at cakes, and want the cake to feel appropriately bad about being yelled at?



On a not-funny note, this might be a good day for sad cake (if I didn't hate coconut) because I had to say goodbye to my funny tuxedo cat yesterday. We will love you forever, little guy!

(For more about Funny Name Saturdays, click here.)

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about yr kitty! I lost my 15 y/o last December & then a kitten a few short months after that. Sending good thoughts yr way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought I remembered that you lost a kitty too. It is really hard.

      Delete
  2. RIP to your cat. Hope he had a good, long life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did. He loved playing in his water bowl and spilling it all over the kitchen, so I keep trying to say at least my floor is dry now, but I kind of miss the wet socks that meant he was still here.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete