Saturday, June 22, 2019

A Tropical Start to Summer (by Way of English Sauce)

Want a fun tropical vibe for the first weekend of astronomical summer? Well, this Lea & Perrins ad (1966) has just the thing:


Fill a few pineapple shells with meatballs, green peppers, pineapple, and a Worcestershire-based sauce! A pineapple full-o-meatballs-and-sauce is sure to make for a memorable (and probably messy) party.

I've already celebrated by scanning a picture of said pineapple, and luckily it takes very little to amuse me, so I think I'll skip making it. (And if you're smart, you'll say that simply gazing upon its majesty is plenty of celebration for you as well.) Happy summer!

2 comments:

  1. I find the idea of scooping the pulp out of a pineapple interesting. It's not like scooping out a nice, soft melon. After hacking/scooping out the contents of a pineapple with the bottom left intact, I would be ready to eat out (or at least something fast and easy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about the practicality of following the recipe (regardless of its gustatory merit) was not a high priority.

      Delete