Wednesday, September 2, 2020

A not-so-funny clown teases the Pieathalon

"Well, shit the bed! Don't you have a big fancy book collection?"

I turned around to see a clown wandering into my office, amazed that he was somehow still alive. "Uh... Yeah. I really like old recipe books. They seem pretty freaky. Not as freaky as, say, a Fish Boy, but they're kind of my equivalent."

"How do you know about Fish Boy?"

"Well, I've, uh... heard about your exhibit, and I always kind of wanted to meet you because I like blood, violence, and freaks of nature. It's great that you stopped by now. I'm part of the seventh annual Pieathalon on Thursday, and I need a celebrity taster. I can write a post about you as a tease so people will come back to find out the identity of my special guest."

"Well la-de-dah! I didn't know I was a celebrity. That will make hiding out even more of a pain in my ass."

"Look, just tell me a recipe to post to represent your identity. Then you can test the pie and be on your way. You can even take a couple extra slices if you're traveling with the family. By the time everything is up, you can be long gone."

"Shit, girl. Like you really need me to tell you what recipe would represent me? And people think I'm the one who's got to get me some education."

He was right, of course. His recipe was obvious. I pulled out Mary Margaret McBride's Encyclopedia of Cooking Deluxe Illustrated Edition (1959) and scanned the the chicken section. 


Come back on Thursday to find out who visited and what he thought of my Pieathalon assignment before he went back on the run!


2 comments:

  1. Yay the pieathealon is coming! I need a good laugh. I hope that your pie wasn't too disgusting.

    ReplyDelete