Saturday, February 6, 2021

A Matter of Interpretation

Sure, I realize that the writers of Recipes You'll Flip Over (Cedar Rapids Association of Gymnastics, 1983) must have been trying to abbreviate hors d'oeuvres. Or maybe they just really didn't know how to spell it and their guess was so bad that they couldn't even figure out how to look it up. (Remember the struggles of trying to look up a word you had no clue about spelling before you could just take your chances with autocorrect?) Still, I couldn't help but imagine a pantry entirely taken over by rows and rows of canned crab when I saw this recipe title.


But then I saw this recipe and thought maybe hoard was the wrong interpretation.


No judgment, but that cucumber did some things in the past that it really does not want to talk about.

4 comments:

  1. Just make sure you don't serve them together. You don't want your cucumber to get crabs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have given up and called them appetizers, but I'm a quitter.

    ReplyDelete