Saturday, April 22, 2023

Funny Name: Trouble Shooter Edition

Happy Earth Day! I got you cake from St. John's Joys (St. John's Episcopal Church, Gig Harbor, Washington, ca. late '70s/ early '80s)-- and not just any cake, but one with a name that's just a string of words that makes me wonder what I'm missing, but it does have "Earth" in it.

Yes, good old Trouble Shooter Earth Cake. How is it a trouble shooter? Trouble shooting for what? How is earth involved? Aren't all cakes earth cakes? I mean, if someone is making a cake elsewhere in the universe, I don't know about it, so any cake I'm aware of has to be an earth cake. I have no idea what this title is supposed to mean (except maybe gesture toward health food from an earth mother, with its oats, raisins, nuts and seeds). At least I know that Carol Sloan thinks it's "SUPER GOOD."

2 comments:

  1. The name is a mystery. I looked up the game defenders. It came out in 1981, so maybe this was good to eat while playing early video games? They just decided to specify that earth was the plant being defended against the aliens.

    ReplyDelete