Tuesday, September 21, 2021

New Breakfast Idea!

Okay, this is a little off topic, but it's kind of a nightmare "recipe" and I thought it was funny, so it's going here.

I was having a frustrating dream of being a kid and trying to get breakfast at grandma's. The place was packed. All my relatives were there-- especially the agent-of-chaos cousins. I got a bowl, and then when I found the cereal, the bowl was gone. Got a new bowl and put the cereal in it. When I got milk, the bowl with cereal had been taken, so I just poured milk in a new bowl, then learned we were out of cereal but somebody was making pancakes. I got a pancake on a plate, but it disappeared when I was looking for the syrup. I tried to get another pancake, but we were out of plates, so I had to put it in a bowl. By then, the syrup was gone again, so I went looking for syrup. When I came back, someone had dumped minestrone and a handful of potato chips onto my pancake. Then they thought better of it and abandoned the whole concoction. I shrugged. At least the bowl had something in it. So, yeah. I had a pancake topped with minestrone and potato chips for breakfast, at least in my dream. There's one recipe I don't think I'll ever find in a vintage cookbook!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, you've improved *my* morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Good. I almost didn't post this, but I thought it was funny and hoped somebody else would.

      Delete
  2. It was very funny! But I don't know if the idea is so wild. Sprinkle some cheese on top of the minestrone and chips, toss it in a 350 degree oven, and call it Italian Pancake Casserole and it would fit right in some of the 60s-70s community cookbooks I've seen. There would probably be a variation using Eggo Waffles to save time for busy homemakers.

    ReplyDelete